Round 2 -- Beltway IV – Todo Sobre mi Gerbil
1. ITS VERB FORM MEANS "TO LOOK FOR," ENTERING US SLANG IN RELATION TO LOOKING FOR COCAINE. (*) As an adjective, it is originally German, and was first used in 1515. Shakespeare uses a version of it in Twelfth Night. In the US it referred to circus freaks starting in the 1950s, getting its current usage as computers became more prevalent in the late 1970s. FTP, what 4 letter word am I describing, whose category at this tournament includes questions on RPGs, sci-fi, and comic books?
2. IF YOU CUT THEM UP FOR FISH BAIT, THEY TURN THE WATER RED AND KILL ALL THE FISH. (*) Useful as toothpicks, they aren't suitable for use as circus freaks. They are described as "a buggy whip body with a brain that leaks," and "scum sucking, pea head with a lousy physique, a one man, no gut losing streak." All of this is sung about, FTP, what sort of person in the novelty song by Freddie Blassie
ANS: PENCIL NECK GEEK
3. EDUCATED AT CCNY, HE TAUGHT SOCIAL STUDIES FOR YEARS BEFORE BECOMING A LITIGATION INVESTIGATOR FOR THE NEW YORK CITY (*) Transportation Department. Now living in Forest Hills, he is no longer the "high-strung human Univac" that Dan Enright said he was, though he says he still gets about 85 percent of the questions on Jeopardy right. Name, FTP, this man whose nerdy look was, according to him, as scripted as his throwing a game against Charles van Doren, played by John Tuturro in the film Quiz Show.
ANS: Herb STEMPEL
4. ULTRANERD PAT BOONE OWNED 10 PERCENT OF THIS TEAM, (*) and while originally indemnified against losses, wound up going $1.3 million in the hole for them. Runt Larry Brown was their point guard the year they won the league title. They moved to Washington without Rick Barry; perhaps he was too much of a mama's boy to move away from the Bay Area. This describes, FTP, what ABA franchise that toiled in the shadow of the NBA's Warriors?
ANS: OAKLAND OAKS
5. COMPUTER NERD MURRAY BOZINSKI, SAVED FROM A BAD SITUATION WITH A SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (*) by old army buddies Nick Ryder and Cody Allen, join them in their fledgling private eye business. Operating from Pier 56 in King Harbor, California, the trio spent three years on NBC fighting crime on, FTP, what 1980's show named for their detective agency and starring Perry King, the RoBoz and a red helicopter?
6. HE ILLUSTRATED THE BOOKS FEATURING HENRY REED, (*) a Grovers Corners, New Jersey native who gets into scrapes with his neighbor Midge. He also created Homer Price, a midwestern boy whose stories fill the book named for him and the follow-up Centerburg Tales. His time living in Maine was captured in books like Burt Dow and Blueberries For Sal. All of the stories and art came from the pen of, FTP, what man, best known for his Boston-based children's book Make Way For Ducklings?
ANS: Robert MCCLOSKEY
7. IT HAS NOTES OF ITALIAN NEROLI, (*) Egyptian tuberose, Italian orris, living Amazon lily, Turkish rose, living jasmine, patchouli, amber, and oakmoss, among others. The spray comes in a columnar bottle with a ring of rhinestones, while the perfume comes in an oval bottle topped with a bow of rhinestones. Introduced in 1991, this describes, FTP, what scent by Elizabeth Taylor, touted in ads by Burt Reynolds?
ANS: WHITE DIAMONDS
8. GUITARIST REB BEACH, BASSIST PAUL TAYLOR, (*) and drummer Rod Morgenstein, formerly of the Dixie Dregs. Its lead singer, also a bass player, was once a member of Alice Cooper's band. Thier latest album, Down Incognito, came 6 years after Pull, their 1993 flop. Their first two albums, one self-named, the other called In the Heart of the Young, both sold over 1million copies, thanks to songs like "Seventeen," "Miles Away," and "Headed For A Heartbreak." Name, FTP, this hair metal band named for lead singer Kip.
9. COSTA RICAN BANANAS ARE NOT INFECTED (*) with what causes this, regardless of what you've been emailed. The CDC estimates that 500 to 1500 cases occur annually, with a 20 percent mortality rate. The Chicago Hope episode "The Virus" was about an outbreak, but was misnamed as it is caused by a virulent form of Streptococcus pyogenes. Name, FTP, this bizarre disease formally known as necrotizing fasciitis, whose main symptom is the digestion of the victim's body.
ANS: FLESH EATING BACTERIA (acc NECROTIZING FASCIITIS up to it)
10: ORBITING THE RED STAR NEGUS-12 (*) some 50 light years from Earth, its landmarks included Mt. Mundru, Atomic Town, the Flame Forest, and the U-shaped Magnetic Mountain. Its capital, Kandor, was shrunk and placed in a bottle by Vril Dox, but was eventually restored to full size and relocated to the planet Rokyn. In addition to Kandor, its surviving populace includes a humanoid infant sent to Earth in a test rocket, and a host of criminals projected into the Phantom Zone. FTP, name this former planet, the birthplace of Superman.
ANS: KRYPTON (note: Vril Dox is Braniac.)
11. TRUETT CATHY FOUNDED THIS CHAIN IN 1946, (*) though his first eatery. located in Hapesville, Georgia, was called the Dwarf House. 20 years later he opened the first location with the current name in Atlanta's Greenbriar Mall. In between, Cathy perfected a sandwich using a chicken breast cooked in a pressure cooker using peanut oil. So started, FTP, what poultry-based fast food option, which now uses cows to ask people to eat more chicken?
12. HE RECENTLY JOINED FORCES WITH JIM BAKKER (*) to create a 24 hour religious cable TV station, and possibly reopen the Heritage USA theme park. A native of Chattanooga, his first pro game was with the Memphis Showboats of the USFL. The following year he was the NFL's defensive
Rookie of the Year. Name, FTP, this defensive end and all timesack-leader in the NFL, a mainstay of the Green Bay Packers.
ANS: Reggie WHITE
13. TWO ANSWERS REQUIRED. THEY MET THROUGH ELLA JO BAILEY AND PATRICIA JO KRENWINKEL. (*) One gave music help to the other, who repaid with drugs and sex with his female followers. They lived together for a time as well. When Terry Melcher rejected as a performer the one who got the music help, he and his followers stormed Melcher's house, killing everyone there, including Sharon Tate. Name, FTP, this dysfunctional duo, one jailed for mass murder, the other the original drummer of the Beach Boys who drowned in 1983.
ANS: Charles MANSON and _D_ennis WILSON
14. SPONSORED BY STA-BIL, THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR RACING (*) these was founded on April Fools Day, 1992. Point winners for 1999 include Chuck Miller, Erin Poden, and Bob Cleveland. Classes include Prepared A & B, factory experimental, and stock, which includes engines of 8.5 to 18.5 horsepower. As seen on TNN, this describes, FTP, the racing of rider versions of what yard implement?
ANS: LAWN MOWERS
15. THEY ORIGINALLY HAD CHRIS STEWART ON DRUMS (*) and Anthony Phillips on guitar. Phillips left in 1970 and was replaced by Steve Hackett, while Stewart departed and was replaced that same year. The new drummer became the lead singer in 1975, and the group was reduced to a trio in 1977 with
Hackett's departure. FTP name this British group, whose most famous lineup consisted of Tony Banks on keyboards, Mike Rutherford on guitar and bass, Phil Collins on drums and Peter Gabriel on vocals.
16. DORMANT SINCE 1979'S THE LADY VANISHES,(*) this film studio was revived in January 2000 by a consortium that includes the chairmen of the British Film Commission and Saatchi and Saatchi Advertising. The studio took off in the 1950's with color remakes of classic black-and-white Hollywood films. It released 250 films and made stars out of Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing, but was vilified by critics by emphasizing blood and guts over plot. FTP name this legendary British film studio.
ANS: HAMMER Films
17: DESPITE DIRECTION FROM STANLEY DONEN AND A SCRIPT BY FUTURE BOOKER (*) Prize nominee Martin Amis, this 1980 film got three Razzie nominations, including acting nominations for half of its four-person credited cast. Adam and Alex are conducting agricultural research on Titan
when they are visited by the psychotic Benson, posing as a supply-ship captain. Benson constructs Hector to assist with their research, but both Benson and Hector develop the hots for the jiggly, blonde Alex. FTP, name this sci-fi turkey, a career blemish for Kirk Douglas, Harvey Keitel and Farrah Fawcett.
ANS: SATURN 3
18. IT WAS ORIGINALLY BASED ON THE BORDEAUX WINE VIN MARIANI. (*) Concoted by Tennesseean turned Georgian John Pemberton, it was originally sold as a cure for nervous disorders and impotency. Prohibitionists decried his beverage, and he caved in, replacing the wine with, among other things, citric acid and sugar. It went from fountains to bottles to worldwide fame as, FTP, what soft drink which may or man not contain trace elements of a banned narcotic?
ANS: COCA-COLA or COKE
19. HE NEVER WENT TO SLEEP-AWAY SPORTS CAMPS, (*) though says it wasn't due to homesickness, but to not seeing a need. Still living in his hometown of Montoursville, Pennsylvania, he coaches football and basketball when his season is over. Somewhat more exciting is that he has the highest career winning percentage of all right handed pitchers with at least 200 decisions. Such is the mostly boring life of, FTP, what 5 time All Star and 4 time Gold Glove pitcher of the Baltimore Orioles?
ANS: Mike MUSSINA
20. CHLOROPHYLL KID (*) controlled plant growth. Porcupine Pete could shoot quills. Infectious Lass could give any disease. Night Girl had super-strength only at night. Fire Lad and Polar Boy had hot and cold powers, respectively. Other members included Stone Boy and Color Kid, and auxiliary members Antennae Boy and Double-Header. First appearing in Adventure Comics #303, they were frequently played for laughs, though some eventually joined the SuperHuman Underground Battle Squad.FTP, name this futuristic organization, comprised of rejected applicants to the Legion of Superheroes.
ANS: LEGION OF SUBSTITUTE HEROES (prompt on SUBS or Superhuman Underground Battle Squad, DNAcc./prompt on Legion of Superheroes)
21. THE ORIGINALS WERE BUILT INTO DRESSES MADE BY EDITH FROCKS. (*) Eventually becoming stand-alone products, their Chansonette became their best selling product, with over 90 million sold in over 100 countries. Their Sweet Nothings line introduces color-coordinated top and bottoms, while the Precious Little line offered unstructured garments to younger shoppers. This is some of the product history, FTP, of what bra company perhaps best known for its "Dream" ad campaign of the 1950s and '60s?
22. A NERDY LONER, HE MEETS MAGGIE, WHO IS NEW IN TOWN, OVER THE SUMMER. (*) They hang out, talk, and he develops a crush for her, even though she's a couple years older. When school starts, Maggie starts dating Cappie, a football player. While both of them try to make him understand their relationship, he misses the signals from Rina. A football game and a dance provide the key moments in this film written and directed by David Seltzer. Name, FTP, this film starring Charlie Sheen, Winona Ryder, and Corey Haim as the title dork.
23. JOE ROY SPICES WAS A MISSISSIPPI JUSTICE OF THE PEACE. (*) Finn Yarber the Chief Justice of the California Supreme Court. Hatlee Beach a federal judge in Texas. Each serving time at minimum security Trumble Federal Prison in Florida, the three embark on a blackmail scheme that will later embroil Presidential hopeful Aaron Lake and his patron, CIA director Teddy Maynard. This mix of the legal, penal, and political defines, FTP, what latest novel by John Grisham?
ANS: THE BRETHEREN
24. THIS TEAM GOT ITS ORIGINAL COLORS, BROWN AND YELLOW, (*) from the color scheme that owner Charles Adams used for his Brookside stores. When soliciting the public for a name, he mandated that the animal have the same colors and have qualities not unlike the hockey player of the day. When all entries were rejected, GM and coach Art Ross gave the team its name. So goes, FTP, the naming of what NHL team, which changed its colors to black and yellow and changed its logo to a spoked B?
ANS: BOSTON BRUINS
25. MUNCIE, INDIANA IS NOW FREE OF THIS BIRD, (*) as one spotted around town over the past year has been caught. When Homer Simpson's grease collecting went bad, Marge suggested he farm-raise them. Its oil is used in costmetics and as a topical analgesic, while their meat has a beef-like
consistency with the health profile of poultry, though it is technically a ratite. Name, FTP, this flightles bird, cousin to the ostrich.
BONI -- Gerbils
1. FTPE, given information name the seasoning mix.
a. A combination of paprika, salt, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper, dried oregano, and dried thyme, this is what Emeril Lagasse most often applies to food.
b. With over a dozen herbs and spices, including mace, cardamom, cloves, and allspice, this seasoning from McCormick, over 50 years old, is most often used to flavor seafood, most notably crabs.
ANS: OLD BAY
c. Depending on the blend, this Chinese flavoring can include star anise, fennel, cassia, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, Szechuan peppercorn, and fagara, though usually not all of them at once. There can be more spices than the numerical name suggests.
ANS: FIVE SPICE
2. FTSNOP, answer these questions on the geek of the Brat Pack, Anthony Michael Hall.
a. FFP, Hall played this man, a Washington-based software magnate and Emperor of all geeks, in the TNT production Pirates of Silicon Valley.
ANS: Bill GATES
b. FTP, as the geek in residence at the Saturday detention that makes up The Breakfast Club, Hall's Brian Johnson is such a dork that he has a fake ID so he can do what?
c. F15P, Hall's adult dorkiness comes through in his appearance- twice!- on Touched By An Angel playing this man, who was wrongly accused for murder but returned home to get busted for a drug deal.
ANS: THOMAS Prescott
3. You don't normally think of athletes as geeks, but consider those who, by wearing glasses, stand out among their peers, and not in a good way. Given a description, name the dorky jock FTPE.
a. While he also played with the Suns, Hornets, and Kings, he's best known for his 1981-88 and 1993-95 stints with the Lakers, where hisscrappy attitude and black rimmed glasses earned him notoriety, as well as
his own "Youth" following.
ANS: Kurt RAMBIS
b. A 3 time all-star and the 1988 NL Rookie of the Year, this Reds third baseman was known for his goggles as much as his ability at the hot corner.
ANS: Chris SABO
c. A Heisman runner up from Cal, he played for the Saints and Chargers in his NFL career. The 1980 Pro Bowl MVP, he was known for wearing glasses while playing. His use of cocaine cut his career short, and led to a 1989 jail term for distribution.
ANS: Chuck MUNCIE
4. Geeks aren't always unpopular. Identify these inventors and thinkers best known for mass entertainment, F10PE or for 5 points for more lowbrow information.
a. 10: In 1942 she received a patent, along with George Antheil, for what came to be known as Spread Spectrum radio communication.
5: Her films included Samson and Delilah, White Cargo, Algiers, and most notoriously, the 1932 German film Ecstasy, in which she appeared nude.
ANS: Hedy LAMARR or Hedwig Eva KEISLER Markey
b. 10: She is a co-author of "Percolation and Gibbs-states multiplicity for ferromagnetic Ashkin-Teller models in two dimensions," and graduated summa cum laude from UCLA in 1998 with a degree in Analytical Mathematics.
5: She's Winnie Cooper on The Wonder Years
ANS: Danica MCKELLAR
c. 10: Holder of several patents while working at Polaroid and on his own, this guitarist financed his band's third album with sales of the Rockman, which is a headphone-based practice amplifier.
5: okay, his name is Tom Scholz. name his band.
ANS: Tom SCHOLZ if answering the 10 pt. clue, BOSTON if answering the 5.
5. Given a comic-book or comic-strip-based film, identify the comic's creator, 5PE:
a. Mystery Men ANS: Bob BURDEN
b. Superman, both men! ANS: Jerome SEIGEL and Joseph SHUSTER
c. Popeye ANS: Elzie SEGAR
d. The Crow ANS: James O'BARR
e. Howard the Duck ANS: Steve GERBER
f. Blondie ANS: Chic YOUNG
6. Given the female lead singer of a rock group, name the band FTSNOP.
a. FFP, Chrissie Hynde
ANS: The PRETENDERS
b. FTP, Nina Persson
ANS: The CARDIGANS
c. F15P, Dale Bozzio
ANS: MISSING PERSONS
7. TV nerdity, thy name is Steven Urkel. Name, FTP, these Urkel-related characters FTPE.
a. His female cousin, also played by Jaleel White.
ANS: MYRTLE Urkel
b. His smooth alter-ego, also played by Jaleel Wite.
ANS: STEFAN URQUELLE
c. The butt-kicking transformed version of Steve, named for a martial artist, also played by Jaleel White.
ANS: BRUCE LEE URKEL
8. Name these celebrity biographers FTSNOP.
a. FFP, this woman earned the nickname "Poison Pen" for such works as Nancy Reagan: An Unauthorized Biography.
ANS: Kitty KELLEY
b. FTP, This defrocked university professor is probably best known for such unauthorized biographies as Elvis: The Last 24 Hours, The Lives of John Lennon and Ladies and Gentleman: Lenny Bruce!
ANS: Albert GOLDMAN
c. F15P, among this man's works include Jackie, Ethel, Joan: Women of Camelot, Sinatra: A Complete Life, and Call Her Miss Ross: The Unauthorized Biography of Diana Ross.
ANS: J. Randy TARABORRELI
9. In bullfighting, there are three awards that the crowd and the President of the corrida can bestow on the matador. FFPE, name those awards, cut from the bull, and for an extra 5 points list them in order of increasing honor.
ANS: ONE EAR, TWO EARS, TWO EARS AND THE TAIL (in order)
While the outcome of the bullfight is generally bad for the bull, if the crowd feels the bull has competed bravely, it can ask for its life to be spared. FTP, what is this act of pardon called?
10. If you were a real geek, your mom bought you GoBots instead of Transformers. Answer these questions about the Mighty Robots/Mighty Vehicles, FTPE:
a. Name the leader of the Renegade GoBots.
b. Name the head of the Guardian GoBots.
c. Who was the evil human scientist assisting the Renegades, voiced
by Rene Auberjonois?
ANS: Dr. BRAXIS
11. The founder of Alternative Tentacles records, he's been drafted as a presidential candidate for the US Green Party. FTPE:
a. Name this musician and spoken word artist, who came in 4th in the 1979 San Francisco mayoral race, one of the Dead Kennedys.
ANS: Jello BIAFRA
b. If nominated, Jello Biafra will have this man as his vice-presidential running mate, a former journalist who will be the first African-American male on death row so considered.
ANS: Mumia ABU-JAMAL
c. The last plank of Biafra's platform is the banning of this type of automobile.
ANS: _S_port _U_tility _V_ehicle
12. If you're into eschatological fiction, then you must love the Left Behind series. The first book, of course, is Left Behind. FFPE, name the other five books in the series so far, with a bonus 5 for all correct.
ANS: TRIBULATION FORCE, NICOLAE, SOUL HARVEST, APOLLYON, ASSASSINS
13: Answer these questions about one of the Eighties' greatest cinematic female geeks, Michelle Meyrink, for the stated number of points.
a.  In this 1984 film, Meyrink played Judy, the accordion-playing Omega Mu sister and eventual girlfriend of Tri-Lam Gilbert Lowe.
ANS: REVENGE OF THE NERDS
b.  The next year Meyrink played Jordan, the hyperactive female classmate of Mitch Taylor and Chris Knight at Pacific Tech in this Martha Coolidge film.
ANS: REAL GENIUS
c. : In this little-seen 1987 film, Meyrink plays April Flowers, who is told by her overprotective mother that sex will unleash uncontrollable pyrotechnic powers. To keep April celibate, mom hires
an arsonist played by Wallace Shawn to shadow her and set fires when things heat up.
ANS: NICE GIRLS DON'T EXPLODE
14. Given members and a description of a family of My Little Ponies, name the family FTPE.
a. With members including Sunspot, Star Dancer, Napper, and Sky Rocket, these Ponies had dark, see-through bodies which contained silver glitter. They also had strands of tinsel in their manes and came with a gold ribbon.
ANS: SPARKLE ponies
b. The first scented Ponies, they had names like Crunch Berry, Sherbert, and Peppermint Crunch. The symbol on each horse was raised from its chest, giving a 3D effect, and each horse had its own thematic
ANS: SUNDAE BEST ponies or ICE CREAM ponies
c. Twirler, DJ, Swinger, and Player were all part of this family. When you turned the flower-shaped knob on its chest, the Pony shimmied and its tail spun. They came with such fashionable accessories as hair clips, earrings, mesh ribbons, and a fur boa.
ANS: DANCE 'N PRANCE Ponies
15. Name the novelty beer FTSNOP.
a. FFP, this beer was created and named for the notorious suds-swilling brother of our 39th President, Jimmy Carter.
ANS: BILLY BEER
b. FTP, name for a type of animal, this recent product of Pennsylvania's Straub Brewery celebrates an in-state annual event.
ANS: GROUNDHOG BEER
c. F15P, this beer from Carling featured old-timey baseball players on its cans, such as Duke Snider, Richie Ashburn, Monte Irvin, and Whitey Ford.
16. Given a winter sporting festival, tell us where it's being held this year FTPE.
a. Winter X Games
ANS: MT. SNOW, Vermont
b. Winter Gravity Games
ANS: MAMMOTH MOUNTAIN, California
c. Winter Goodwill Games
ANS: LAKE PLACID, New York
17. Sailing. Spinnakers. Jibs. Dorks calling each other "matey". FTSNOP, answer these questions about the recent running of the America's Cup.
FFP, the Cup was contested this year on Hauraki Gulf off of the coast of what nation defending its Cup title?
ANS: NEW ZEALAND
b. FTP, proving your reap what you sow was this man, the skipper of challenger finals loser AmericaOne. He skippered Il Moro di Venezia last time out, which helped raise interest (and money) for the current Italian boat, which knocked him out of the regatta.
ANS: Paul CAYARD
c. F15P, helping Prada win the challenger series was their ownership of 100 percent of the production of this carbon fiber laminate fabric. When use in sails, it catches more wind, driving the boat faster. The fabric is named for Bill Koch's (COKE) boat from the last cup.
ANS: CUBEN FIBER
18. Given a fictional detective, name the author who created him or her FTSNOP.
a. FFP, Spenser
ANS: Robert B. _PARKER_
b. FTP, V. I. Warshawski
ANS: Sara PARETSKY
c. F15P, Laura Owen
ANS: Louisa DIXON
19. 40-30-20-10-1 Name the actor
40: It's not Carroll O'Connor, who's still alive by the way
30: In January 2000, this man's daughter sued Universal Studios for 10 million dollars, claiming the studio avoiding paying royalties for use of some of his classic characters.
20: Born William Henry Pratt in 1887 in Cornwall, England, he appeared in more than 170 films before his death in 1969, including "The Ghost in the Invisible Bikini" and "The Bikini Beach."
10: He was the voice of the Grinch, but he's best known for playing the monster in the original Frankenstein, and the title character in the original "Mummy."
1: He also appeared in "Abbott and Costello Meet the Killer, Boris Karloff," and in the TV series, "Starring Boris Karloff."
ANS: Boris KARLOFF
20. Answer these questions about rock groups that featured, at one time or another, Paul Rodgers, FSTNOP.
a. FFP, Rodgers' most famous band was this quartet, named for a 1972 Jeff Bridges movie, that scored Top 10 hits in the U.S. with Can't Get Enough and Feel Like Makin Love.
ANS: BAD COMPANY
b. FTP, before joining Bad Company, Rodgers sang lead vocals for this group, who scored their lone U.S. Top 40 hit in 1970 with All Right Now.
c. F15P, rodgers fronted this supergroup, which featured Jimmy Page on guitar and Manfred Mann drummer Chris Slade, in 1984 and 1985. They had a minor U.S. hit in 1985 with Radioactive.
ANS: THE FIRM
21. Identify these works of Philip K. Dick that haven't been made into movies yet F10PE.
a. 1963 Hugo winner, this alternate-history novel depicts a United States split down the middle after losing World War Two.
ANS: THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE
b. This 1981 novel was adapted into an opera in 1988, and is based in part on Dick's "pink light experience," a strange vision he had in 1974 which obsessed him until his death in 1982.
c. This 1965 novel is subtitled "Or, How We Got Along After The Bomb."
ANS: DR. BLOODMONEY
22: Identify the bands from their drummers F10PE, or from their better-known lead singers for 5.
a.  Butch Vig
 Shirley Manson
b.  Chad Smith
: Anthony Keidis
ANS: RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS
c.  John Densmore
 Jim Morrison
ANS: THE DOORS
23. FTPE, answer these questions about animals you can still see here in DC, even though they've been dead for well nigh a century.
a. The National Postal Museum has on display the taxidermed remains of this dog, the Post Office's unofficial mascot, who died in 1897 of a mysterious gunshot wound.
b. At the National Museum of Natural History you can visit the remains of Martha, the last one of these, who was shipped to the museum in ice after passing on at the Cincinnati Zoo in 1914.
ANS: PASSENGER PIGEON
c. The Hall of Armed Forces History is the last resting place for Rienzi, who died in 1878. He belonged to this Union general, who rode him hard to arrive just in time to win the battle for the Shenandoah Valley in 1864.
ANS: Philip SHERIDAN
24. FTPE, answer these questions about Busta Rhymes.
a. Busta, Charlie Brown, Dinco D, and Cut Monitor Milo made up what early 1990s Afrocentric hip-hop outfit behind the albums Future Without A Past and T.I.M.E.?
ANS: LEADERS OF THE NEW SCHOOL
b. "Woo-Hah! Got You All In Check!" was the breakout single from this 1995 album, Busta's solo debut.
ANS: THE COMING
c. While best known in film for his voice work in the Rugrats movie, Busta made his acting debut as Jaween in what 1993 film starring Dr. Dre and Ed Lover?
ANS: WHO'S THE MAN?